Home / Workout Routines / Men / NPC Physique Competitor Aaron Bernard Talks With Muscle Munch

NPC Physique Competitor Aaron Bernard Talks With Muscle Munch

Quick Stats:

Age: 31
Height: 6’2″
Contest Weight: 200lbs
Off Season Weight: 230lbs

How did you get started with physique/lifting?

I have always been an athlete growing up and lifting weights was always a part of my routine. After sports were over for me I got more into lifting and fitness and it kind of took focus in my life. It’s been a progression though into where I am now. I have always lifted, but it took years before I added in proper cardio. After that it was dieting and finding out just how big of a difference proper eating can do for you. Competing was the last step of course and that’s is a whole different level than what I was used to doing. That’s where my competitive side took over and that what my focus became.


What does your training routine look like?

My training routine varies if I’m in season or in off season.

In-season Routine:

Monday: Heavy chest and a shoulder pump
Tuesday: Heavy leg day/calves
Wednesday: Heavy biceps/triceps
Thursday: Heavy back/traps
Friday: Heavy shoulders/chest pump
Saturday: Upper body pump
Sunday: Quick leg pump/calves.

Cardio is done 3-4 times per week and abs done 3-4 times per week as well.

aaronbernard7Favorite exercises and why?

This is a tough one. I really like training shoulders so military press would have to be my favorite there. I love back days also and like cable lat pulls and rack deadlifts a lot for that. Leg days it would have to be slow and controlled leg press.

What does your nutrition/diet look like?

My prep diet consisted of a lot of eggs, chicken, swai, and tilapia for protein, cream of wheat and jasmine rice for my carbs, and avacado, vegetables and asparagus also. I keep my diet as clean and simple as possible. No crazy foods, no wild preparation and I keep it consistent. For myself fats and sugars don’t work well in my body so I keep those as low as possible. I also like to consume 75%o f my carbs before I train and the other 25% right after I train.

What’s next for you in physique? Where do you see yourself in the next few years?

This year I plan on hitting a lot of national shows to try and earn an IFBB pro card. First show is the May 30th Junior USA’s in South Carolina. After seeing what my placing and feedback is I will go from there. My goal is to do 3 national shows this year and a regular show to make sure that I am nationally qualified again for next year. I may do the Europa in Dallas and the Branch Warren Classic. I am in the process now of buying into the Anytime Fitness franchise and hopefully will be opening up my first of a few different locations within the next 2 years.


What does your supplementation look like?

aaronbernard10I like to keep it pretty simple on my supplements also. I am sponsored by Line One Nutrition and our line of supplements is amazing. In my off season I use the mass pills and the power pills with the mass protein and BCAA blend. Closer to contest season I’ll switch over to the ISO protein and start using the lean pills too. Our pump powder and pump pills are a must for every single workout that I have though; Insane pump and great energy.

What is your biggest source of inspiration?

I try and pull inspiration from everywhere, but I would have to say my biggest is my family. My dad always told us that if you are going to do something go all out and be the best, hard work will always get you to where you want to be.

Any tips for beginners or people trying to follow the same path as you?

Patience and consistency. Set realistic goals and stay on track. In talking to my clients I remind them that every day is not going to be a perfect day and that is okay, but each day is a chance to get better. Putting your long term fitness goals over a night out partying, or a weekend eating and drinking is what has to happen.

Visit my IG page @automatic_fitness and check out my sponsor Line One Nutrition at www.lineonenutrition.com and use code PUSH10 for a discount

About Admin

Check Also


IFPA Natural Pro Alberto Nunez Interview with Swoletra

Alberto Nunez is part of 3DMJ (3d muscle journey) and is known for his sickening ...